Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday, Andrew!!!

My second born is now a big 8 year old!! My outgoing, funny, little Andrew is now a big 8. I can't believe it. This picture was taken over the summer and it just captures Andrew's fun loving personality. He has really outdone himself already at school this year - academically, socially, spiritually and we could not be more proud of him.
We drove back from our little California trip on Andrew's 8th birthday, pulled right up to the house and had the entire family (grandparents and 7 uncles) over for dinner. We did not even unpack the car. It has become a tradition to have the grandparents and 'uncles' over on the kids' birthdays, so they always look forward to it...

Chris picked up Carolina's (as requested by Andrew...we tried to talk him into Pei Wei but he had his mind made up) and we had a nice little celebration. Nani made him his cake(s) since we were en route from Cali...


Miss helpful Ella put the candles on the cake(s)...
and John now calls candles "Happy"....
I love this picture of Andrew and Christopher from our trip. I didn't realize it right away when I first looked at the picture, but they are totally in sync - I mean just look at their arms, legs, heads...it looks as if they are doing some kind of cha-cha slide dance they spent hours practicing when in fact it was totally unplanned. It just makes me think of how close they are and what great friends they are. Don't get me wrong they do fight, and fight often but they are also very close, and I hope they will always be.
And I had to include these pictures from Disneyland this summer as Andrew has always been our major Star Wars fan (this started at a very young age due to our neighbors passing down a bunch of Star Wars action figures to us). All three kids got picked over the summer for the Jedi Training Academy Camp Show at Disneyland...


Thanks, mom, for making the cakes. And thanks to everyone who came over and made the birthday boy feel so special - he couldn't wait to see all of you!
Andrew - here's to a great year as an 8 year old...we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment