Thursday, June 30, 2011

pop's house

we went to the cemetery this morning to visit my dad.
today is the anniversary of his death...4 years ago.
we said some prayers and then I broke down.
this afternoon john john was looking at some photos on our computer and when he came to this one he said, "mom, look...it's pop's house".
he was pretty right on target, this is where my father now rests.
he is in the box (i'm sure there is a more formal, more appropriate word for it)
with the red flowers behind the fountain.
the most perfect place for him to be...
he loved the water, the beach, the outdoors.

i am so thankful to have him in this amazingly beautiful place.
it is the only area in the entire cemetery with a fountain...
it is so unique, just like he was.
it is actually indoors but the roof is open (or maybe just a really elevated ceiling with tons of sunlight coming thru) and there is a beautiful tree...

the beauty and sound of this lovely fountain bring peace and comfort to me every time i go to visit him.
i know God saved this spot for him.
it was the last box available in the fountain area that summer he passed away.
there could not be a more perfect place for him to be and for us to remember him.

just three days after our 9th wedding anniversary my father died.
it took me about a year to be able to say that word to describe that he was gone.
time has healed my pain more than i ever thought it would.
but, i still miss my dad incredibly.
and i still cry over his absence in our lives.
he sure was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment