Tuesday, October 25, 2011

running a marathon

not literally but i feel like i am.
life has been super busy these last few weeks, and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

last school year i didn't volunteer for anything, we were still remodeling our kitchen.
there were always workers at our house and i just didn't feel that i could commit.
yes, i still need to post pictures on the remodel...add that to the never ending list.

i was the girl scout leader for ella's troop and that was it.

well, this year my plate is overflowing.
i'm involved in quite a bit, didn't really plan on it but it just kind of happened.
i think i can handle it all, it's just things will be super busy until mid february.

on top of being the girl scout toop leader i am...
on the school board,
chair for the volunteer food for the fall festival,
live auction chair for the auction,
6th grade homeroom planner (one of @ 7 moms, so not too much to handle),
and in charge of the jog-a-thon volunteers for 6th grade (goes with above).

i'm not listing all this to toot my own horn.
there are plenty moms in the same boat as me at the school.
and plenty who do a lot more and plenty who do a lot less.

i just want to remember what the different years of raising kids were like for me.
my mom recently found a notebook from when chris and i were first married.
neither of us had any recollection of the things we had written in it.
apparently we were interested in writing a catholic couple column together.
ya, no memory of that whatsoever!
i really want to keep up with this blog.
and i am going to try my best to during this busy time in my life.

today i was home all day long and was able to get caught up on endless laundry.
my mom came over to take 3 loads home to wash for me.
that's after i did 3 loads today, and 3 loads on sunday.

and i didn't have to pick up today thanks to my carpool.
so, hopefully i can get all that laundry put away today too.

then, i'll feel much more on top of things...
before i commit my weekend to helping for the fall festival.

hope to post again tomorrow, we shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment