Monday, February 20, 2012

a lovely birthday

last thursday was my birthday.
i thought my mom and i were going to go to lunch and do a little shopping.
but, she and my mother-in-law surprised me with a lovely brunch.
everything about it was beautiful...the table, the flowers, the women there.
a couple of my very close friends were able to be there, we missed the one's who couldn't make it.
carol used these flowers to adorn the table then gave each of us one to take home.

it was such a sweet surprise, and so nice that it was a small and intimate celebration.
it gave us the opportunity to really relax,
and enjoy each other's company and the beauty that filled the table.
the napkins were rolled up with bay leaves from my mom's backyard, tied with pretty fabric.
 the sweet children of my dear friends were there too...
afterwards, my mom and i were able to do a little shopping while john stayed with grandma.
then it was onto picking up the kids from school and going to christopher's baseball game.
he pitched for the first time ever...
chris was even able to make it from work to see his game, and they won.
we went out for dinner afterwards and then home for cake that nani had made me...

it was really a lovely birthday and i was so surprised by the wonderful brunch.
i am truly blessed and so thankful for all of the love that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment