Wednesday, February 8, 2012

my new accessory

actually not so new because i've been wearing it for almost 4 weeks.
i cracked a bone in my foot and have had to wear this boot ever since.
it's round on the bottom, so you have to walk heel to toe...it's a slow step.
i'll need it for 4-6 weeks and my 4 wk check up is tomorrow...
please say some prayers that it is healed and i can go without the boot!

life has definitely slowed down for me due to this injury.
which has been good and bad...
you realize how much you do as a mother and how much there is to be done.
also on the other hand how important it is to slow down.
i have not sat this much since i nursed all my kids!

and you realize not to take your health for granted.
even any small disability is life altering, i see that now.
we watched 'dolphin tale' over the weekend -
great movie dealing with this issue of disabilities...
i highly recommend it, i cried several times- we all really enjoyed it.

and although we try not to be a huge technology family...
(which is somewhat changing as the kids get older)-
the ipad chris gave me for christmas (on my lap above) has really come in handy.
it has really been great to have while i deal with this broken bone!

1 comment:

  1. It's God's way of telling us to take time to smell the roses! xox

    ReplyDelete